Your rights as a client
Tackling the health gap
Ngak Min Health clinic provides an innovative family-centred model with comprehensive medical, health, mental health, allied health, and wellbeing services.
The Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights describes the rights of clients and other people using the health system. These rights are essential to make sure that wherever and whenever care is provided, it is of a safe standard.
- Access: You have a right to healthcare.
- Safety: You have a right to safe and high quality care, provided with professional care, skill and competence.
- Respect: You have a right to be shown respect, dignity and consideration.
- Communication: You have a right to be informed about services, treatment, options and costs in a clear, timely and open way in words you can understand.
- Participation: You have a right to be included in decisions and choices about your care.
- Privacy: You have a right to privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- Comment: You have a right to comment on your care and to have your concerns addressed promptly and properly.